Microsoft Windows, is a reliable Operating System, with its intelligent notification and alerts capabilities. These notifications and alerts are made by the balloon tips which pops up in system tray of the notification area, and with balloon burst sound.
These balloon tips are really annoying and disturbing, as they pops up on screen, while working, or playing game or even watching a movie.
These alerts are not mandatory for the Operating System and can be easily disabled by this registry tweak. Here, in this post I have described How to disable systray balloon tips or Notification Area for Windows XP as well as Windows Vista.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the following subkey:
- Right-click the right side pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips.
- Double-click EnableBalloonTips, and then give it a value of 0.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Log off Windows, and then log back on.