Do you get “End Task” messages while shutting down your computer ? Getting such pop-ups, and ending tasks, really delays the Shutdown Time. Operating system, usually grants the running process sufficient amount of time to finish execution,before the Shutdown. Follow these steps to configure Windows 7 auto end Tasks.
The sufficient time, delays the actual Shutdown of Computer System, by ending running processes, services, closing network connections, etc…
In order to overcome, below is a simple procedure that allows operating system to Auto End the running process without promoting, and with efficient fast Shutdown of Operating System.
- Start Menu > Run, type “notepad”.
- Copy Paste the following code in the notepad file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
- Now, in file menu, choose, Save As… Option, and save the file as “shutdown.reg” on desktop or any other location on your hard drive.
- Now we are in phase to modify the Registry, so it is wise to backup registry settings.
- Now Double Click the file and press Yes to update the registry.
- Once the registry is updated, restart the computer in order to view, new effect.
Any queries, further assistance required, post feedback as comments.